The number of people shopping online grows every year. Yet, people still have problems and complaints. But, something must be good about it.
Let’s take a closer look.
Complaints of Online Shopping
- Distant Customer Service – Perhaps customer service is in another country making communication difficult. Or maybe customer service is simply out of touch with customer issues, because it’s not located near shipping faculties or warehouses.
- Can’t Handle Products – Pictures and images can be very helpful, but sometimes it’s nice to handle the product before you buy.
- Problem Resolution – Problems can only be resolved by email or phone which can be frustrating for some people.
- Fly-By-Night Companies – An excellent website can make a scam look like a reputable company.
- Security Concerns – People worry about giving personal information online to companies they know little about.
Praises of Online Shopping
- Shop from Home – Why drive all around town, especially with high gas prices? Shopping online allows consumers the unparalleled convenience of shopping at any time and in their PJ’s.
- Low Prices – Online retailers do not have to maintain physical inventory, so they can pass incredible savings on to customers.
- Shipping – Products arrive at your doorstep without the hassle of going to the mall.
- Range of Products – Since inventory is not physical, the retailer can offer a full range of products. Out-of-print books? Rare items? No problem. Out of tens of thousands of retailers, you have a good chance of finding exactly what you want.
- Comparison Shopping – Looking for the best price? Or a specific item? Shopping online enables you to compare prices from many retailers. Plus you can compare product specs to make sure it fits your needs.
Even though some consumers have complaints about online shopping, more and more are discovering the benefits of it. And most of those consumers are finding the benefits outweigh any complaints or drawbacks.
Also, the seriousness of the complaints are being lessened each year. Online security is getting better. It’s easier for consumers to research companies. Companies are learning how important it is for customer service and sales to be coordinated.
Online shopping is only going to become more popular.